Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where did the days go?

I can't believe that it is Sunday and the last time I wrote was Tuesday. Maybe because I was so happy to get out of here or just happy to see family. I will give you the run down on the weekend.

Friday 12:00 pm...Heading home to finish packing and low and behold my check engine light is on in my car. So I freak thinking only the worst would happen. Call the dealer and they get me in and all is fine. Well not really I wanted to leave at 12:30 didn't get on the road till 1:45.
Rain the whole way...yucky yucky. Got to Eaton Rapids went to the store. Went out to eat with our cousin, uncle, aunt and me and Theresa. Hung out for a couple of hours and then went back to grandmas. I was out pretty early that night... I hate driving in the rain.

Saturday.... got around and headed to the local coffee house to meet up with a old friend. So odd to call her that, she is family. I meet her when I was my daughters age and we have stayed in touch for all these years. I loved just sitting and talking, crying, hugging , sharing and most of all just being there in the moment. It's moments like this that you never forget and you play over and over in your head. Then we went out to the home and showed Theresa were my parents grew up and meet and then to the cemetery. That was sad. My grandpa died a few days before my dads birthday. He has been gone for over thirty. We shared so many memories all weekend with family and friends. It was great to get away from here.

Sunday morning... 6:30am.. looking out the windows (my grandma lives on a river, with windows from floor to ceiling in the living room) and what the world it is snowing. Not just a little..enough to have to get the scrapper out. It continued to snow.. and snow and snow(just got call and it still snowing.) Stopped by the outlet mall, didn't really see anything I had to have. Picked up some new clothes for Theresa and came home.

Had a great time. Had fun with the family. But always glad to be home...

Andi & Theresa

No comments: