Friday, January 23, 2009

Back to the grind....

Ok, I took a little break. But I am back. I had a few issues that need to be taken care of with my daughter. But all is well or is going to be well.

A little recap. Christmas was great we went to Shipshewana after Christmas for a couple of days and hung out. It was great. They had a ice sculpture contest and it was amazing. Well it was nice on December 26 because it was cold but then on the 27th it decided to be 50 degrees and melt everything. I mean everything to the point there was flash floods warning. Wow, crazy Indiana weather. I guess that saying is true, stick around and the weather will change is 5 minutes.

Well lets see January has been pretty uneventful. She started selling GS cookies on the 16th. I have some delivers to make for that. Went to the circus on the 22nd. She loved that. We are planning on going to Michigan here in the next week or two to deliver cookies up there.

I don't know if I mentioned that I have been helping(volunteering) my time to help a lady here in town get a downtown store open. I have done everything from painting to carpeting to cooking and cleaning. These last few weeks I have been going in and baking cookies. Well she offered to count me in a partner in the business. I have mixed emotions about this right now. I love to cook, bake, eat, but mostly bake. I don't want to get to that point that I hate to bake. You know what I mean. But it is a once in a lifetime offer too. I mean it would be fun. It will be a side job, because I love my day job. It would calm me to be in the kitchen cooking knowing that people like what they are eating. Does that make sense?

Well I will be thinking and praying about what I will be doing. But in the mean time, I will be enjoy making the sweets that I am making for people.

Andi & Theresa

No comments: